MSW, LMSW, LCSW, CST
Licensed Clinical Social Worker (MI, CT)
AASECT Certified Sex Therapist
EFT Relationship Therapist
Dan is a licensed clinical social worker and AASECT certified sex therapist with experience providing therapy to adults and couples from diverse backgrounds. He works with clients on a range of issues including anxiety, depression, identity development, and adjustment to life transitions. He also specializes in sex, intimacy, and relationship concerns including sexual dysfunction, poor communication, disconnection, and lack of intimacy. Dan is passionate about serving the LGBTQ community; he has extensive training in LGBTQ affirming therapy, further informed by his lived experiences. Dan also enjoys helping young adults and college students navigate the challenges of entering adulthood.
Dan strives to help his clients lead fulfilling, authentic, and meaningful lives even when faced with the suffering that life undoubtedly brings. He believes in creating a safe and affirming space for clients to explore the context of their presenting concern, recognize strengths, and find a path to healing, connection, and value. Dan integrates Cognitive Behavioral, Interpersonal, Solution-Focused, Gottman Method, Emotion Focused, and Acceptance and Commitment Therapies to fit treatment to his clients’ unique needs.
When addressing sex, intimacy, and relationships, Dan uses a sex-positive approach that affirms and honors intimate, romantic, and sexual connection while promoting consent, mutual pleasure, and satisfaction. He works with individuals and partners to improve intimacy, foster a greater sense of connection, disrupt negative patterns, and address communication challenges. Dan welcomes couples and partners from all walks of life, including those who are kinky, open, or consensually non-monogamous.
- University of Michigan, BA; Psychology, Cultural Anthropology
- University of Michigan, MSW; Interpersonal Practice, Mental Health
- University of Michigan Sexual Health Certificate Program; Sex Therapy
Training & Expertise
- Sex Therapy
- LGBTQ Affirming Therapy
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy
- Emotionally Focused Individual Therapy
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Interpersonal Therapy
- AASECT- American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors and Therapists
- ACBS- Association for Contextual Behavioral Sciences
- ICEEFT- International Centre for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy
- NASW- National Association of Social Workers